Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tess is a mess!

Okay, wow... It's been a while. I'll just give a quick update on what's been happening.
Working with little kids really takes energy, so, as I'm doing that in the morning, by the time I get back from FIT in the afternoon, I'm pooped.  So, I just watch some Netflix. (Currently, it's either The X Files or Portlandia, though recently I finished all of the Portlandia episodes that were on Netflix. Boo!)
Though I might be reading more often now, as I bought the rest of my school reading books. Though I had already finished Machiavelli's The Prince for AP Euro, I still have books to read for English class. It's mandatory to read Cormack McCarthy's The Road, and then off the list I chose Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I started reading that, and so far it seems really good. Especially being that I am an introverted person myself, I think it'll be an interesting read.
Additionally, for my fun reading I picked up Slaughterhouse Five  by Kurt Vonnegut, so I'll see if I enjoy that one, too.
(I sure hope I do!)
That's all for now!
Tessa
PS: I'm also blogging for FIT's pre-college programs over there.  http://blog.fitnyc.edu/precollegeprograms/2013/07/18/it-may-be-sweltering-but-im-still-sewing/

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a 6th grade student and am very interested in fashion. I saw you had gone to the FIT precollege program and thought it looked very interesting. I would appriciate if you could take a little time out of your schedule and email me at geeklychicfashionista@gmail.com or charsmyles@gmail.com .. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete